twitter


Hi Ya Bloggee! This is actually one of my favourite dishes in Malaysia. I can never get bored of it! =D
I was craving for this the other day, but since I am in Dublin, where on Earth can I get this aight? So I decided to give it a try. I imagined what's inside it, then I went to the grocery store to get everything. =) I think it tasted alright/edible so I decided to share with you!

Here's what you will need:
For the Hor Fun
1. Hor fun (depending on how much you wanna eat)
2. Soy Sauce (Light and dark)
For the Sauce/Soup
1.Garlic (1/2 head = around 5-6 cloves)
2. Diced pork (Again, depending on how much you eat)
3. Chinese Cabbage
4. Water
5. Light Soy Sauce
6. Cornflour + a bit of water (you need quite a lot to thicken it)
7. 1-2 egg ( Depending on how eggy you want it to taste)
P/S: you can also marinate the pork with some cornflour and light soy sauce to make it more tender)

So, let's start cooking now! 
1. Boil and soften the Hor Fun. It should take bout 2-3 minutes
2. Heat some oil in the frying pan
3. Bring your hor fun to fry it. Add some light and dark soy sauce to give the taste and colour. Fry till you get the 'burnt' smell if you're using fire (For me, we use electric stove so I can never get that smell)
4. Dish out the hor fun

We're gonna do the sauce now!
1. Heat some oil in the frying pan
2. Add in and fry the garlic till golden brown
3. Add in the pork and fry it till its completely cook (Do not leave it for too long cos you don't want it to be stiff)
4. Add in the chinese cabbage and fry till they're softer
5. Add in 1.5 bowl of water
6. Add in the light soy sauce according to your own taste
7. When the soup is boiling, add in the cornflour mixture and stir it evenly till it thickens
8. Finally, add in the egg (s) and stir constantly to make sure the egg yolk breaks as well

Taa-Daaaaa~!! Your Wat Tan Ho is done!!!

Bon Appetit!
P/S: I cook according to feelings, therefore, if you realize, I didn't state how much of everything you need. Ooppssy... >.< But I hope you'll still like it!

Here's  a picture of my Wat Tan Ho (not presentable though) Heeeheee

0 comments:

Post a Comment